The Writers’ Guild of Alberta has named the play Alex and Michael and Hannah, written by screenwriter Heather Morrow, as a finalist for the Gwen Pharis Ringwood Award for Drama!
The winners of all the 2023 Alberta Literary Awards will be announced on June 3rd.
Signed copies of the play are available on our webstore!
Auditions for Nowhere Normal are on! Please check our front page for details, and to submit.
My one-woman play It Started with an Allergy will stream in an online, multi-media production, starting on January 15, 2022!
Produced by Spoonie Theatre, starring Annette Devitt, and directed by Anna Ashkenazie Bush, It Started with an Allergy is my painfully funny solo show about the 8+ years it took before I was diagnosed with endometriosis. Tune in to Spoonie Theatre’s YouTube channel to see what they’re all about.
In the meantime, have a look at the promo videos below, and see what the first production looked like under PHOTOS.
THANK YOU to everyone who attended the reading of Alex and Michael and Hannah last night. A play isn’t a play without an audience, it’s truly impossible to know if a play works until you can hear the reaction to it, so you will be a huge help in improving the script, and getting it onstage!
Thank you to Script Salon, Holy Trinity, Playwrights Guild of Canada, and Alberta Playwrights Network for putting on the reading.
AND to the amazing director and cast for making the reading happen…ESPECIALLY Jake Tkaczyk for stepping in 30 minutes before rehearsal began yesterday!
Thank you to all the actors who’ve signed up! We’ll see you (online) April 6!
We’ll be unveiling the cast of Alex and Michael and Hannah here, on April 15, 2020.
Thank you to everyone who has signed up so far to do video auditions for Alex and Michael and Hannah. Take a Bite Productions will be accepting sign-ups until noon tomorrow, March 29, 2020. For further details, please check here.
In the meantime, stay safe and healthy.
*Due to current health concerns, we’re changing audition requirements. We hope the show will go onstage in August, and are making contingency plans otherwise. So if you DO wish to audition, you still can, and Alex and Michael and Hannah is happening somehow!*
Take a Bite Productions invites Edmonton and area actors to audition for the world premiere production of Alex and Michael and Hannah at the Edmonton Fringe Festival, August 13-23, 2020. PAID, through fundraising, donations, and ticket sales.
*Please email a resume and headshot, and what role you’d like to audition for. to Heather Morrow, email@example.com .
- Please record your performance of a contemporary monologue no longer than 3 minutes.
- Sides will be emailed to you
- a video conferencing audition time scheduled, 4 – 5 pm on April 6, 2020.*
*SUBJECT TO CHANGE.* Please note there will be partial nudity and strong language in this production; intimacy coordinator Janine Waddell will be working on the show. The cast must be willing and able to participate in workshopping of the script during rehearsals, as well as fundraising and publicity events *currently* scheduled for May 7, August 6, and in July (TBA).
Please see below for character descriptions.
- age range 30s, bisexual. Male identifying. Nightclub manager, charming, good-looking, almost despairingly honest. Any race/ ethnicity/ body shape.
- age range late 30s to early 40s, heterosexual. Female identifying. Municipal-government financial analyst. What idiots would term ‘unattractive’. Low self-esteem but getting better. White/ Caucasian/ shorter or taller, and/or bigger than ‘average’.
– age range 20s to early 30s, homosexual. Male identifying. Model and server. Gratuitously handsome, cute, loud, irrepressible. Any race/ ethnicity/ slender, muscular.